Adams Morgan Historic Hotel
Adams Morgan Church Hotel, LLC, an entity comprised of local developer (and D.C. Certified Business Enterprise) Friedman Capital Advisors, LLC, Foxhall Partners, and national hotel developer, owner and operator Sydell Group LTD., is excited to create a new full-service hotel located in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC, an area long respected for its diversity, rich culture, and personality. At the crossroads of Columbia Road and 18th Street, our vision is a newly constructed building, the restoration of a historic church, the creation of dynamic public spaces, and a high quality restaurant experience designed to serve both neighborhood residents and hotel guests alike. The Adams Morgan Historic Hotel is committed to preserving the diversity of the neighborhood by incorporating features and designs that reflect the multicultal nature of the environment that surrounds it along with offering positions to qualified individuals who represent the various races and ethnicities that can be found among the residents of the area.
We envision a hotel
- A hotel with a restored Church building becoming one of Washington’s most cherished public rooms, with column-free spans and sixty-plus-foot ceiling heights
- A hotel that includes the 4,000+ square foot Adams Morgan Community Center, which will serve as an important community meeting and working place for many of the neighborhood’s community groups and non-profit organizations
- A hotel that provides hundreds of permanent jobs for Washington, D.C. residents, who will be assisted by a job-placement and job-training program coordinated by the Adams Morgan Youth Leadership Academy
- A hotel that exceeds LEED Silver certification criteria and will have state-of-the-art cooling systems to reduce air handling energy requirements, and green roofs.
- A hotel that is Washington’s first truly green hotel